Rural emergency medical services across America are in the midst of a dramatic change.
On the surface, this change appears to be about declining volunteerism and the difficulties associated with ensuring ambulance services are appropriately staffed and able to respond when needed. But at a deeper level, this change is about addressing a major shift in how rural communities understand, envision, value, structure and fund EMS. This change is not merely a challenge for rural EMS agencies but a challenge for the rural community, as well.
In working with hundreds of rural EMS leaders and communities, SafeTech Solutions has an unmatched understanding of rural EMS and has developed a unique community based approach to addressing this challenge. Our approach:
- Guides local communities in creating sustainable systems of emergency care;
- Honors the history and tradition of the current EMS system;
- Helps communities get involved in identifying options that fit their unique economic and political environments;
- Assists communities in collaborating and finding regional efficiencies;
- Integrates local services with emerging rural healthcare systems of care; and
- Ensures the pace of change and development matches the unique local environment.
Click here to download an article for more about the challenges facing rural EMS -- and some solutions.
Contact us to see how we can help you.